Title: German Report on thyroid-examinations in Fukushima Pref.
Translated by: 007bratsche
Date: Nov. 18, 2012
[Narrator:] We drive to Minamisoma at the edge of the prohibited zone. [...] We meet Mr. Yoshida. He – as most people here – has lost his faith that the government deals with the aftermath of the catastrophe in a reliable way. [...]
[Yoshida:] “The radiation that’s been measured by the official stations and the one we’re exposed to in reality, differ very much. At some places, the actual radiation is about 5 times higher. We have informed the government about this.”
[Narrator:] Only when the citizens of Minamisoma find it out by themselves, the government admits that their official measurements in fact nearly all are erroneous.
[Yoshida:] “We have asked the government why they would set up these useless monitoring stations, and all they answered was: ‘But it was you who wanted to have monitoring stations!’ I believe they want to downplay the consequences of the catastrophe.”
Published: November 19th, 2012 at 11:32 pm ET
- Cancer Expert in Fukushima: “There has undoubtedly been radiation poisoning, people shouldn’t be living here”; Officials only focus is covering up crisis — TV: On playground, we found radiation levels 2,000% higher than displayed by gov’t monitoring post (VIDEO) May 28, 2014
- Watch: Concern Japan gov’t is manipulating radiation readings — Levels nearby much higher than some monitoring posts indicate (VIDEO) October 23, 2012
- Local Official: Japan gov’t did not reveal plutonium-241 detection — Radiation dose was 50 times higher than total of other three plutonium isotopes that were mentioned (VIDEO) March 31, 2012
- Hospital Official in Fukushima: “Extremely scary data” — Stroke rate spiking in people ages 35 to 64 — 3.4 times higher than before (VIDEO) May 8, 2013
- Berkeley official requests Health Dept. inform public of elevated risks from Fukushima contamination; Council to vote on plan next week — Fairfax Official: “No one’s monitoring radiation levels on West Coast… Gov’t is not doing its job” (VIDEO) December 10, 2013