Published: November 19th, 2012 at 11:32 pm ET

Title: German Report on thyroid-examinations in Fukushima Pref.
Source: ZDF
Translated by: 007bratsche
Date: Nov. 18, 2012

[Narrator:] We drive to Minamisoma at the edge of the prohibited zone. [...] We meet Mr. Yoshida. He – as most people here – has lost his faith that the government deals with the aftermath of the catastrophe in a reliable way. [...]

[Yoshida:] “The radiation that’s been measured by the official stations and the one we’re exposed to in reality, differ very much. At some places, the actual radiation is about 5 times higher. We have informed the government about this.”

[Narrator:] Only when the citizens of Minamisoma find it out by themselves, the government admits that their official measurements in fact nearly all are erroneous.

[Yoshida:] “We have asked the government why they would set up these useless monitoring stations, and all they answered was: ‘But it was you who wanted to have monitoring stations!’ I believe they want to downplay the consequences of the catastrophe.”

Watch the video here

Published: November 19th, 2012 at 11:32 pm ET

1. Watch: Concern Japan gov’t is manipulating radiation readings — Levels nearby much higher than some monitoring posts indicate (VIDEO) October 23, 2012
  2. Berkeley official requests Health Dept. inform public of elevated risks from Fukushima contamination; Council to vote on plan next week — Fairfax Official: “No one’s monitoring radiation levels on West Coast… Gov’t is not doing its job” (VIDEO) December 10, 2013
  3. Hot particles found at 2 out of 3 US monitoring stations during April, including Boston — “There will be an increase in cancers, especially on the West Coast” says nuke expert (VIDEO) November 1, 2011
  4. Gov’t projections assumed ONE becquerel per hour was leaking from Fukushima — Actual rate reached at least 10 Quadrillion times higher December 29, 2011
  5. TV: Radiation levels 10 times higher than experts hoped at Reactor No. 2 — No. 1 and 3 even worse (VIDEO) March 28, 2012

26 comments to TV: Radiation monitoring stations useless — Actual levels 5 times higher than what’s displayed — Official: But it was you who wanted them! (VIDEO)

• arclight arclight

I believe they want to downplay the consequences of the catastrophe.”

ASEAN leaders welcome dialogue partners in mega Free Trade Agreement
    By S Ramesh | Posted: 19 November 2012 2003 hrs

PHNOM PENH: ASEAN leaders have welcomed the decision of its dialogue partners to join the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), which will see 16 countries come together to form a mega economic agreement.

All ten ASEAN members and six of its dialogue partners, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia and New Zealand, are involved in the RCEP.

Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has described the partnership as a strategic one between ASEAN and its dialogue partners.

[...]
    It is also an important vehicle for regional cooperation, especially in finance,
    food security ———————-
    and education,

• eatliesndie eatliesndie

"Official: But it was you who wanted them!" – Yes, but I think the expectation was that the monitors would be functioning properly. I guess someone forgot to tell the officials that.

• Max1 Max1

The people wanted the truth…
    … Not lies disguised as low radiation figures.

• Johnny Blade Johnny Blade

screw them!!-I guess it's just another "veiled" admission of the true status of Japan's contamination levels and a pretty damning indicator of what us "Downwinder's" here in the USA have been and should continue to expect from the immeasurably catastrophic event(s) "sent with love" from the other side of the world's biggest SFP="the Pacific Ocean"(& jetstream)??!! I already simplified calculation methods by multiplying the data from single-GM tubed devices by 3x in order to get the same readings gleaned from pancake-tubed GM devices & soon "scintillation devices" I now HAVE-but need to learn to properly adjust & operate so I can contribute data worth consideration. My wife's back in the hospital after a really bad setback tonight in her recovery from cancer & several other serious health issues that Japanese incineration,misinformation,greed & lies mirrored only by my own F'd-up country's policies & ambitions(& imcompetence!)I guess I better check-out of ENE & pray for my loving wife's speedy recovery now because everything else going on makes me sick & want to just "give up" & I'm not gonna elaborate further on the meaning of that last statement since those who "know' what we're going through and remember previous emotionally-charged posts by your's truly already understand that I'm gonna "Cross The River" with her "together"-just like everything else "we've" gone thru in our 22 tragic-but LOVING years together!~we let scumbags shit up our…

• Johnny Blade Johnny Blade

Sorry about my numerous typos! I meant to say that Japanese nuke disaster,etc. "probably" caused-but just noticed how wound up I must've been to have missed my bad grammar & mixed up rant-much like my mixed-up life…sorry again…for EVERYTHING

• PavewayIII PavewayIII

Don't be too eager to cross the river, Johnny. Will you – and your wife, for that matter – really take comfort in being together for what amounts to an eye-blink of time sooner? What happens when you both have to watch an eternity of other couples going through the same thing in the future? Will you not regret giving up your last few years of opportunity to prevent even one of those from happening?

• Johnny Blade Johnny Blade

~lives & our world by "default" and should've done more sooner!! Now I'm just fighting back the tears because if I allow that shit to start I'll be balling like a little girl making up for lost time when I "couldn't" show worry or sadness while SHE went thru the physical aspects of her cancer treatment program & had her breast hacked off with the cancer that I believe inside my heart of hearts began on March 11,2011-if not another "unknown event/date" related to insidious events much closer to home??!! If my suspicions are correct-then I hope "they" know the pain,suffering & LOSS of more than the forum has character limits that allow descript?!! If her aggressive,rare & rapidly developed & spread type of cancer (IBC stage 3B) ever proven to be related to an industry or technology or LACK of "warning" by our leadership-"There will be Hell to pay"!!-I'll just leave it at that since I'm angry enough again now to fight off the tears again now! I hate this shit!!

• eatliesndie eatliesndie

Love to you Johnny. And your wife.

• many moons

Johnny, my prayers are with you and your wife.

• or-well

To Johnny Blade -
      Your sentences long don't get it wrong, as from your Heart the truth shouts strong, like that big guy with hammer striking that gong – remember him, at the start of old movies? – anyway, your passages move me.

They're Celtic Harp with the lilt of Love and that alone your stength does prove but they are Trumpet too and clarion call as you care for one you benefit all.

Like a giant mounted on steed of fire, eternally powered, and tho you may tire in one moment of Time or another, from you and TO YOU flows Love's Power.

From more than your Enenews sisters and brothers, from every human who casts Spirit forth, that others know comfort, their health safe-guarded at every hearth from south to north, that no more be devoured by those in their crumbling Towers.

In this garden the weeds are outnumbered by flowers and the perfume fills the infinite vault that is the caring human heart, so never doubt you are doing your part. By the River of Life all humans have wept, and sooner or later we all must cross, but Love is Humanity's promise kept and that cannot be taken or from us swept and with it we can halt all Life being made dross.

Peace and healing to you and your wife and all who suffer.

• dosdos dosdos

It is the governments who should fear the people, not the other way around.

• Johnny Blade Johnny Blade

@dosdos;you always seem to find the right thing to say concisely & in much shorter ways than my long-winded,heavy-handed(keyboard)versions. I don't want to be considered a home-grown terrorist or be considered an anarchist,but I'd like to know what THEY'D do if we acted like "they" do?!! All I'm saying is if my wife dies & it's proven to be from that crap~I won't have much to lose! and if our case is just a "hint" of what's gonna come "their" way when people start dropping like flies & the lies can't hide the truth or who is accountable anymore~the yeah,they should fear ALL OF US!! I didn't even feel good about having voted this election like I did once LONG ago…..

• PurpleRain

Johnny Blade, I can hear the pain you must be feeling seeping and spilling thru your words. I'm very sorry for you and your wife and the hardships that you've had to endure and are still going thru… (I'll send out a prayer for you and her tonight – along with some positive-spirit-healing — but you are right. If we acted the way they do they would be terrified and would be so very fearful of mob rule, but this gets me thinking it out a little further. I don't think it's governments that have any power at all anymore when it comes right down to it. Someone on some you tube video – not sure who or when – made the point of saying that nuclear plants are in fact pre-deployed weapons already in place. So, is it GE and Hitachi and Areva — who are the Real Terrorists AGAINST the HUMAN RACE??? Seems like they and TEPCO, etc. are calling all the shots just like BP was – and maybe still is – in the Gulf.

• PurpleRain

Found this link on Facebook…. I had not known of this before. Perhaps it's old news, but it sure sounds as if it's the custom to just take 'cracks' as if they are no big deal. (Doesn't this strike you as being – um, Wrong)!

• byron byron

Watching radiationnetwork.com since Apr-2011, levels up, but not to 100 warning levels. Anyone explain? Are these levels also being mis-reported. I understand the volunteers have various kinds of equipment and lots of variables. Have been watching the averages and not noticing much more than a doubling since started watching. In fact the single station in Japan is regularly measuring less than 20. Any ideas if the data is reliable or not?

• WindorSolarPlease

Hi byron

I don't think they guarantee it's accurate. They probably would suggest not only watch the other area's, but also get a counter to check your area for yourself. Just guessing on this.

• Buy your own Geiger counter is the correct answer.

Here is a FULL discussion regarding your question:

Here is the email reply from the President of Mineral Lab (Radiation Network) to me.

email:
      At 09:07 AM 11/5/2012,
      Chas, while some of your points are valid, it's time to stop criticizing from the sidelines and get in the game. Acquire your own Geiger counter and join or don't join ours or other networks so that you are not dependent on me and others for _second_ hand information. To put it in the form of a rhyme, it's called created knowledge, versus related knowledge.

Tim, President
      Mineralab
      ________

That's good advise.

However, here's what I think.

If you have created or related knowledge or an opinion, of ALERTS or TRENDS you should pass it on.
      Anyone who is a member should pass on their observations.
      Do the right thing. This is not a criticism, it's just an opinion.

• m a x l i

That Yamashita is neglecting his own preventive health care. From the video I noticed he is smiling less than last year.

Maybe little signs of loosing confidence in the stability of their card house of lies?

• vital1

Average background increases can mean you are cumulatively getting a far bigger radiation dose, than from a short term peak detection. We need monitoring stations that provide day, month and year, average background level information, as well as peak detections.

Here in Australia, at my location, average background levels are increasing
    compared to the 4 year recorded average. As we come into summer, more Northern Hemisphere air, breaks through the equatorial barrier into the Southern air flows.

The background level increases are significant, and can be clearly seen from
    analysis of the long term data. There are lots of coloured coded charts at this monitoring site that make it clear what is happening over time at our location.

You really need long term data recording and analysis, to clearly determine what is happening in any location. Monitoring station spot peak observations and alerts are helpful, but not good enough to fully understand what is happening.

Here is a page with information on setting up charting for long term recorded data analysis for those who have a Geiger counter, and are Interested.

———————————————–

The Free Geiger Counter Use Guide.