Follow-up to: More Fukushima nuclear pollution to hit U.S. starting in 2015 — Study: Impact strength of Cesium-137 on West Coast to be as high as 4 PERCENT
Title: Japanese Conservatives Plan to Restart Nukes
Source: The Big Picture
Date: Dec 28, 2012
Thom Hartmann, Host: What about this nuclear waste that’s heading for the United States? Almost a year ago it seems you were on telling us about nuclear waste was hitting the west coast of the United States. Is this a second wave? What’s going on?
Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear: It’ll be continual for a long time into the future. There’s the surface flotsam and jetsam, the floating materials, which if you read the mainstream media the past couple days, there’s this discounting that ‘Oh, it’s not radioactive’. There’s no way to know that. It could well be radioactive. [...]
So, for experts to say that the flotsam and jetsam hitting the west coast of North America is not radioactive, there’s no radiation monitoring going on.
Published: December 31st, 2012 at 12:39 pm ET
- Radiation Expert: “North America has received quite a large fallout” — “Incredible increase in cancer, leukemia, genetic disease… Not just in Japan but in the Northern Hemisphere, particularly North America” (VIDEO) December 13, 2011
- Report: U.S. West Coast to be hard-hit by Fukushima ocean contamination — North Pacific Gyre transporting radioactive material to America August 23, 2013
- BREAKING: Fukushima nuclear waste detected along Southern California coast — Highest levels seen anywhere in North America since testing program began — 8.4 Bq/m3 of radioactive cesium measured near beach between Los Angeles and San Diego (VIDEO & MAP) August 25, 2015
- Japan Researchers: Models show North America hit with ‘very high’ levels from Fukushima plume — Radioactive material in ocean off West Coast was up to 500 times more than expected (VIDEO) August 27, 2014
- CBC: Radioactive particles arrive ‘far earlier than predicted’ for N. America — Mag: ‘Plumes stretch 4,800 miles across ocean!’ — Experts: There’s great alarm… Legitimate concern… Expected to dilute, but don’t really know — US Govt: ‘Monitoring beaches for debris from Fukushima nuclear disaster’ (VIDEO) February 28, 2014