>>> Follow-up to: Official Statement: Methane accumulating 20 feet underground near community by giant Louisiana sinkhole -- "Immediate actions... to protect public safety" mentioned (AUDIO) <<<
Title: Natural gas detected closer to community near sinkhole than previously thought
Date: Nov 08, 2012 11:04 AM EST
[...] New data shows natural gas much closer to the Bayou Corne community of Assumption Parish than previously detected. [...]
Shallow-depth wells near the community are now indicating natural gas pressure 20 to 40 feet beneath the surface.
That’s much shallower than previously reported.
Officials want to test for gas accumulation inside every structure built directly on the ground.
See also: Watch: Man ignites tap water 4 miles from Louisiana sinkhole -- It started bubbling after giant hole formed (VIDEO)
Published: November 8th, 2012 at 12:06 pm ET
- Official Statement: Methane accumulating 20 feet underground near community by giant Louisiana sinkhole — “Immediate actions… to protect public safety” mentioned (AUDIO) November 8, 2012
- TV: “Rumbling in ground near massive sinkhole” — Update: Floor of salt cavern rising much faster than previously reported February 5, 2013
- Experts: Events quickening at giant Louisiana sinkhole — Underground shifts now getting closer to surface (VIDEO) March 29, 2013
- 10:40a ET: Officials warn sinkhole may be affected by pressure changes October 15, 2012
- Methane found just below surface in neighborhood near giant sinkhole — School bus will not enter area to pick up students still living there December 6, 2012