Title: Fukushima: Is There a Way Out?
Source: Arirang TV
Date: Sept. 9, 2013
At 7:30 in
Narrator: 10 days after the nuclear explosion, the black dust in Fukushima flew all the way to Chiba Prefecture, 200 kilometers away. Since then, Chiba Prefecture has also been shrouded in horror […]
Keiko Shibata, Shiroi resident & 3-time city councilwoman: This is where the so-called black substance piled up. Its amount reached 4.5 microsieverts per hour […] This is quite common in Shiroi.
Narrator: […] When [Chinaru Hasegawa] asked the city government to measure the radiation at her house the results came back as normal. But, her own gauge showed that radioactive contamination in here home was above 0.23 microsieverts per hour.
Chinaru Hasegawa, Shiroi resident: […] In our house they measured one meter above the floor. It’s presumed to be nonexistent if the radiation doesn’t exceed 0.23 microsieverts per hour one meter above the floor […] Whatever they say, I always have a feeling that they’re not telling the truth […]
Narrator: It’s been 2 years have passed since the nuclear disaster. Many residents wish to forget the horror because that’s the only way they can lay down their worries […]
Naomi Ito, Shiroi resident: Everyone here looks somewhat damaged by the radiation. […]
Published: September 28th, 2013 at 4:35 pm ET
- Japan TV: Children in area with radiation dose 10 times annual limit (VIDEO) September 26, 2012
- Off the Chart: University researchers film while measuring radiation levels in evacuation zone — “‘Over’ means it’s beyond the capacity of the measuring device” (VIDEO) August 8, 2012
- Japan TV reveals cover-up of radioactive ‘black rain’ data — Doctor: “This is really surprising” — A-bomb Survivor: “I feel nothing but resentment” (VIDEO) August 16, 2013
- BBC: ‘Extraordinary danger’ in removing fuel from Fukushima Unit 4 — Fear that rods are damaged — Officials: “We’re not sure if they’re damaged – you never know”; Concern over “release of radiation” (VIDEO) November 6, 2013
- NHK: “Massive fallout spread over large areas and still coats the ground” — Resident: “The rise was unexpectedly fast… I’m shocked, I didn’t think it could get this high” (VIDEO) February 6, 2013