>> Follow-up to: More US tuna contaminated -- Study: Entire food web "including humans" may be affected as Fukushima radionuclides spread to West Coast <<
Title: Radioactive traces from Japan found in NW albacore tuna
Date: Oct. 25, 2012
Reporter: The researchers point out these are preliminary findings. They plan to do more studies on albacore tuna in the future.
Anchor: Which leads to I’m sure many to ask — Is there a chance that this gets worse? Is there fish headed this way with higher levels perhaps?
Reporter: Well Joe that’s one of the reasons these researchers want to do more tests over the coming years. They want to see how those radiation levels fluctuate. Could they go up even? Of course eventually they expect the levels to return back to normal.
Published: October 26th, 2012 at 3:34 am ET
- “Truly Frightening”: Higher and higher radioactivity levels expected to continue for years in bluefin tuna (VIDEO) June 9, 2012
- *Listen to Fukushima Special* 1st Hour Guest Arnie Gundersen: When someone steps forward and publishes, we’re going to see higher radioactivity levels in California bluefin tuna (VIDEO) June 10, 2012
- USA Today: Radiation tripled in some albacore tuna off West Coast after Fukushima — Bioaccumulating in bones, not only flesh — “Additional exposures to plume could further increase radiation levels” — NOAA-funded study to expand after ‘significant’ findings (AUDIO) April 29, 2014
- Fox News: Fukushima contamination is hitting California — “Humans are terrified” of eating it — “It’s an open question” about the risks — “You’re not scared? To me, if someone tells me there’s low levels of radioactivity in that fish…” (VIDEO) January 17, 2014
- Kaku: US must monitor tuna very carefully for Fukushima radioactivity — Warns other sea life may be contaminated (VIDEO) November 23, 2012