Channel 4 (UK) ‘Nuclear Ginza’ Part II, Kenji Higuchi, 1995:
Kenji Higuchi, photographer: I’ll never forget what it was like the heat and the darkness, workers stripped naked soaked in sweat, they stood in an oxygen tent gasping for air. [...]
Kunio Murai, nuclear worker: My teeth started breaking off, bit by bit. I don’t have any upper teeth now […] my hair fell out. [...]
Higuchi: I have met people who have bled from the gums, ears, nose. Who have been violently sick and suffer from diarrhea immediately after being exposed. They suffer from profound lethargy. The way they explain it, it is as if they are the living dead, only from the outside do they look normal. Damage to the testes and to the eyes is common. Chronic anemia, tumors of the skin,, thyroid, bone, larynx, pharynx and lung. Loss of teeth and hair, low immunity to infection, accelerated aging, depression, anxiety […]
At 4:00 in
Higuchi: The laborers are still in the hands of labor bosses and the Japanese mafia, the Yakuza.
At 6:00 in
Higuchi: So you were against building the power station?
Local: Of course, anyone with a brain would have been.
At 10:30 in
Temple resident: Unfortunately, in Japan, the sad reality is that democracy has been destroyed in the areas where nuclear power exists.
Published: January 20th, 2014 at 9:08 pm ET
- Joe Rogan on Fukushima and Nuclear Power: If these reactors keep messing up, we’re going to have giant areas of our world contaminated and dead for 100,000s of years — That’s the reality we’re operating under (VIDEO) May 3, 2012
- Documentary: Photo captures moment containment vessel destroyed at Fukushima — Workers: White steam is coming out of reactor! Radiation spiking in central Tokyo! — US Nuclear Official: “Fukushima was nuclear power’s finest hour… everything worked as engineered” (VIDEO) October 3, 2014
- TV: Fukushima confirms nightmarish potential of nuclear power; Public living with threat of worst-case scenarios on daily basis — Author: “Super catastrophe” looms at plant (VIDEO) January 14, 2014
- 20-year-old documentary foreshadows Fukushima: Men picked up in slums of Tokyo to go work at nuclear plants — Many become ill with radiation sickness — Too frightened to speak out (VIDEO) January 19, 2014
- Ex-Fukushima Worker: Evacuation zone should be 80km — “Almost as though they are living inside a nuclear power plant” (VIDEO) December 15, 2011