Title: Tests reveal tar sands in Lake Conway, Exxon denies
Date: April 22, 2013
h/t Anonymous tip
[...] It’s been one the hottest topics talked about around morning coffee in Mayflower, and now residents may finally have answers from an outside source on whether tar sands are indeed in their beloved lake. [...]
“Yes, there’s oil in Lake Conway and there’s oil downstream flowing into the Arkansas River,” said Scott Smith, who is president and CEO of Opflex Solutions. [...]
According to him, [Exxon] test the surface and soil samples at the bottom, but his company is focusing on the water columns in-between.
“I have found methylene chloride and barium in concentrations indicative of tar sands oil,” he added. [...]
Another neighbor showed Channel 7 pictures of the nutria he found dead in his yard over the weekend, he said it was soaked in oil.
Some remain in shock at Monday’s revelation of what could be in the peaceful body of water they call home. [...]
“In response to your recent inquiry, water sampling confirms the main body of Lake Conway remains oil-free” -Exxon Statement
Published: April 24th, 2013 at 1:49 pm ET
- Major oil spill in U.S. after pipeline bursts — 40 miles from Arkansas nuclear plant at ‘emergency Level 4’ — “Like a river” of crude — Nearly 500,000 gallons spilled (VIDEO) April 1, 2013
- New flyover of U.S. pipeline rupture — Pilot: Either oil is still gushing, or it isn’t washing away (VIDEO & PHOTOS) April 13, 2013
- Report: Media lockdown over Arkansas oil pipeline rupture — Residents say sickened from spill — ‘Paper towels’ to cleanup? (VIDEOS) April 8, 2013
- HuffPost: Health concerns increasing after Arkansas oil spill — Students sent home after illness from fumes — Workers cleaning up dead fish at night April 10, 2013
- Nuclear plant spills radioactive water into Lake Michigan (AUDIO) May 6, 2013