Title: Radioactive water may contaminate entire Pacific Ocean in 6 years
Source: Arirang News
Author: Kim Min-ji
Date: Aug 28, 2013
This graphic shows the gradual contamination of the Pacific Ocean due to leaks of radioactive water from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan.
The simulation, which was run by a German marine research institute, shows the ENTIRE Pacific waters being polluted by radioactive water in just six years.
Although the results failed to grab attention when first released last year, experts now fear that the hypothesis may become a scary reality, after the Japanese government recently admitted that some 3-hundred tons of radioactive water have leaked into the ocean everyday.
Mitsuhei Murata, a former Japanese ambassador to Switzerland: “TEPCO recently admitted to leaks of radioactive water. The amount is much greater than what the simulation had taken into account [10 petabecquerels of Cs-137].” [...]
Watch the simulation here: “After 4 years… the entire Northern Pacific is filled with a certain amount of tracer”
Published: August 31st, 2013 at 9:07 am ET
- Radiation Expert: Enormous amount of contamination flowing from Fukushima will probably imperil entire Pacific Ocean — Threatens other countries, food chain — Absolutely can reach U.S. and Canadian shores (VIDEO) August 12, 2013
- Gov’t model shows airborne radioactive plume covering entire west coast of US & Canada on Mar 22, 2011… 10 times more radioactive than plume coming from Fukushima plant on same day — Radiation levels in some plumes had no discernible decrease after crossing Pacific (VIDEO) April 8, 2014
- TV: Fukushima crisis “much more severe than we’re led to believe” — ‘Mind-boggling’ — Small quake could tip over reactors and start it all over again — Japan “selling soul to devil” if they restart nuclear plants (VIDEO) March 31, 2014
- Former Prime Minister: Half the people in Japan were close to being evacuated after start of Fukushima crisis (VIDEO) March 11, 2013
- Experts: Scary problems on California coast — There may be “no food anywhere” along Pacific except in isolated areas — “It’s like crime scene investigation” in ocean — ‘Certainly’ Fukushima is one of stresses to sea life — Dolphins, whales more likely to be bathed in radiation (VIDEO) August 30, 2014