Title: Fukushima: Strontium now in Groundwater
Source: The Thom Hartmann Program
Date: June 19, 2013
At 6:45 in
Kevin Kamps, nuclear waste watchdog at Beyond Nuclear: It’s really incredible [Tepco’s] been criticized for very short term thinking.
They’re taking things like one day at a time.
This is a decades long, if not centuries long crisis that they’re facing. [...]
Long term scenario, Tokyo Electric certainly doesn’t know what to do, they’re showing that by their actions.
Published: June 20th, 2013 at 11:34 am ET
- Caldicott: 50 years or more of highly contaminated water flowing into Pacific from Fukushima — Tepco VP not optimistic: “I have concerns” for long-term plan — Location of melted fuel a mystery (VIDEO) November 7, 2013
- Analyst: Fukushima will have devastating long term health effects — It is up to us not to accept lies minimizing radiation’s impact (VIDEO) June 8, 2012
- Red Cross labels Fukushima disaster “ongoing humanitarian crisis” — Physician: “Difficult to reveal what potential health effects may occur long term” — Official: “It has not ended” October 17, 2012
- “Hemisphere facing generations of radiologic contamination” from Fukushima — TV: It’s a major humanitarian crisis — NYT: “Nobody really knows” if 100s of tons of plutonium & uranium fuel resolidified — Experts: It’s certain reactor cores ‘moved around’; “Flowed to different part of buildings”? (VIDEO) June 19, 2014
- ABC Tours Fukushima Plant: This could go on for centuries, and some say problems can never be fixed; “Tepco admits it doesn’t know extent of meltdowns” — Official: We don’t know ‘real situation’ of the molten fuel, “nobody has seen it”; We need help from the world (VIDEO) February 19, 2015