Interview with Paul Gunter, Beyond Nuclear
The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann
July 3, 2012
At 4:00 in
Paul Gunter, Beyond Nuclear: We’re going to see a series of independent studies that are going to give us better indications of the fallout situation in the US [...]
There are academic studies that we are monitoring right now that we believe will be giving us a good idea of radiation levels in mushrooms, which are biological accumulators if radiation.
And all along the West Coast we’re going to be seeing the news and looking forward to sharing that with you.
Published: July 4th, 2012 at 2:17 am ET
- NBC Nightly News: ‘Has Radiation Entered Our Food Supply Chain?’ — USA Today: News getting worse at Fukushima, widespread suspicion leaks into ocean ‘underreported’ — Expert: “I’m not trying to be alarmist… but how will we know it’s safe” for West Coast? (VIDEO) March 9, 2014
- TV: “Surge in marine mammal strandings” on US West Coast — Scientists: “This is very weird”; “My biggest fear is if this… is everywhere” along coast — Whales, dolphins, sea lions, birds recently washing up in large numbers — Many thousands likely dead — Violent seizures shown on news (VIDEO) August 30, 2014
- “I think without a question there has been structural damage to the plant” in Virginia: Report (VIDEO) August 26, 2011
- Professor: New studies show radioactive materials being carried across Pacific relatively intact from Fukushima — On West Coast we need to monitor these pockets of high contamination — Parts of areas may be affected in a significant way (AUDIO) September 18, 2013
- ABC: Authorities on U.S. West Coast concerned with stunning news from Fukushima — Radioactive water is pouring out every day and headed our way (VIDEO) September 3, 2013