Title: ‘US nuclear power plants very vulnerable to cyber attacks’
Date: Feb 25, 2013
Former Pentagon official Michael Maloof: In the case of the United States it’s aimed at our grid system, as the president point out, and at our critical infrastructure, which is very vulnerable already and this has been known, including our nuclear reactors.
There have been recent tests on this and they’ve been quite successful in disrupting the ability of these nuclear reactors to respond.
So the threat of a cyber attack from unknown entities is very serious.
Published: February 26th, 2013 at 10:25 am ET
- Fox News: “Attacking some U.S. nuclear plants could be a piece of cake for terrorists… reactors are naked” — Expert: “Meltdown in a matter of minutes” — WFMY: “We are on high alert” (VIDEOS) August 17, 2013
- Gundersen: I suspect we’re going to see reports of spent fuel pools heating up at New Jersey nuclear plants — The problem is reactors were in refueling mode (VIDEO) October 30, 2012
- Report: Fukushima nuclear waste will merge with radiation from U.S. reactors when washing up on West Coast — “Startling amounts” released from operating plants — Diablo Canyon officials admit to recently discharging more tritium than Fukushima (VIDEO) February 4, 2014
- Fukushima Workers: Smoke was pouring out of Unit 1 before tsunami hit — “No doubt” quake crippled reactors — Could torpedo Japan’s attempts to restart nuclear plants (VIDEO) March 9, 2013
- Gov’t: Erosion is “undermining foundation” of major dam upstream of US nuclear plants — “Extensive network” of seepage paths found — “Water flowing through from multiple sources & multiple directions” — Nuclear plants doing Problem Evaluation Reports on ‘complex and urgent’ situation (VIDEO) July 30, 2015