Title: “Fukushima: Two Years After” – VVH-TV News Special Report
Host: Karl Grossman, Chief Investigative Reporter
Date Published: Mar. 14, 2013
At 24:00 in
Lucas Hixson, Enformable.com: One of my main concerns then is with the tsunami debris.
You have top floating debris that is moving at a slow rate of speed across the ocean in the primary path of deposition where the most radioactive materials fallout.
Yet, even though these are ionized materials that are not going to be washed off by ocean wave activity, we have representatives and state officials here in the United States who are downplaying the potential contamination and radioactivity in the tsunami debris.
And that’s one thing we’re very concerned about.
Published: March 15th, 2013 at 2:42 pm ET
- Gov’t Map: Fukushima fallout transported directly to U.S. — Canada, Mexico avoided much of contamination after 3/11 (VIDEO) January 3, 2013
- Scientists: “We are not prepared for this, nobody is prepared” — Debris could bring radioactive contamination to US, Canada — May impact marine life (VIDEO) December 27, 2011
- RTT: Japan alerts U.S. and Canada on possible clogging of shorelines — CNN: Tsunami debris makes its way into Hawaii wildlife… Plastic spilling out of stomach (VIDEO) March 15, 2013
- Radioactive debris from Japan tsunami may wash up on US West Coast by early next year (MAP) April 8, 2011
- Largest pieces of radioactive tsunami debris could arrive on West Coast of US and Canada “within days” — Simulation shows it arriving now November 10, 2011