28:00 in — Vancouver is located on the west coast of Canada. Right after the Fukushima nuclear power plant accident in 2011, seals suddenly died on the shores of Vancouver, and Cesium levels five times the usual amount were detected in the seaweed and fish. The whole world took notice of the strange phenomena that occurred on the shores of Vancouver, thousands of kilometers away from Japan. One Canadian research center has been analyzing marine plants on the Vancouver shores since 2012 to identify the cause. The result of their tests showed that iodine and cesium were detected in much of their marine plants…
31:20 in — Not many people directly feel the dangers of radiation yet, but if the Fukushima radiation contamination continues, not even Canada will be safe. The Japanese government is still dumping contaminated water into the sea.
31:35 in — Hisako Sakiyama, former head researcher at Japan’s National Institute of Radiological Science: “There is a lot of strontium as well as tritium in the contaminated water. There will be serious problem if those matters reach outside… Buts since the Fukushima accident, the contaminated water has been flowing underground… It is flowing into the sea from somewhere. So the sea is also becoming contaminated.”
32:20 in — Tepco has been insisting that no radioactive materials have been detected in the sea. However it’s been confirmed through press reports that fatally high concentrations of radioactive material has been leaked to the sea. [Graphic: "The problem of radioactive materials from Fukushima leaking into the sea still serious… it has been revealed that 'serious ocean pollution has been going on.'"]
42:15 in — The Fukushima accident was catastrophic not just to Japan but to humanity as a whole. There have been considerable damages until now, but no one knows how far the damages will be in the future. The Fukushima accident is not a thing of the past but something that is ongoing even now and the future that we will face.
Published: April 28th, 2016 at 11:45 am ET
- Japan Researchers: Models show North America hit with ‘very high’ levels from Fukushima plume — Radioactive material in ocean off West Coast was up to 500 times more than expected (VIDEO) August 27, 2014
- Professor’s Diary: Fukushima radioactive material “has reached the west coast as of June 2013 by ocean transport” — Health risks to be determined by ongoing monitoring January 10, 2014
- Experts: Japan “wants to just drop tanks” of Fukushima nuclear waste into ocean — Americans worried over plumes hitting West Coast — “Reactors are now leaking really high levels of radiation into sea… The world does need to help” — Official says Japan lying about catastrophe (VIDEO) April 26, 2017
- Nuclear Engineer: I agree Fukushima can be ‘extinction event’; It’s a myth that disaster is being contained — Nuclear Expert: Radioactive material has “contaminated much of Pacific Coast of North America… Negative impacts of the accident have spread throughout world” (VIDEO) April 28, 2015
- TV: Serious concerns in U.S. about Fukushima radioactive material coming to our shores — WSJ: There’s concern around world that ocean currents are spreading the radioactivity to faraway places (VIDEO) November 25, 2013