Typhoon tracking toward Fukushima, to hit area in 2 days — Threat of mudslides, flooding — Soaking rainfall predicted for days after storm (PHOTOS)
Accuweather, Oct. 7, 2013: Wind gusts to 195 kph (120 mph) were felt across Yoron Island, as the eye of Danas passed directly overhead. [...] areas affected by the typhoon will have to contend with potentially life-threatening flooding and damaging winds. [...] Danas will still produce locally damaging winds along with the threat for flooding rainfall and mudslides as it moves across northern Honshu Wednesday into Wednesday night. [...] Another cold front will then bring the threat for a soaking rainfall to much of Japan from later Friday into Saturday.
Latest updates from the Joint Typhoon Warning Center here
- Weather Channel: Typhoon Francisco “merging with cold front” — High threat of mudslides, floods from heavy rainfall — Another wave developing in Pacific (VIDEO) October 24, 2013
- Forecast shows Fukushima to get eye wall of Typhoon Wipha — Weather Channel: Things may be getting worse at plant; Storm surge to combine with inland flooding at site (VIDEO) October 15, 2013
- Super typhoon on course for Japan — Winds up to 190 mph, could soon be Category 5 storm — “May follow Typhoon Wipha’s path” … “Developed in a similar area” (VIDEO) October 19, 2013
- TV: Powerful typhoon bearing down on Japan — Prolonged heavy rainfall for Fukushima, and “the tanks are full” — “Potentially devastating interaction” with Typhoon Lekima, now a Category 5 (VIDEO) October 23, 2013
- Fukushima Workers: There was a collapse at plant due to typhoon — Not revealed by Tepco — Worry that upcoming storm to cause more damage October 21, 2013