Accuweather, Oct. 7, 2013: Wind gusts to 195 kph (120 mph) were felt across Yoron Island, as the eye of Danas passed directly overhead. [...] areas affected by the typhoon will have to contend with potentially life-threatening flooding and damaging winds. [...] Danas will still produce locally damaging winds along with the threat for flooding rainfall and mudslides as it moves across northern Honshu Wednesday into Wednesday night. [...] Another cold front will then bring the threat for a soaking rainfall to much of Japan from later Friday into Saturday.
Published: October 7th, 2013 at 2:03 pm ET
- Weather Channel: Typhoon Francisco “merging with cold front” — High threat of mudslides, floods from heavy rainfall — Another wave developing in Pacific (VIDEO) October 24, 2013
- Forecast shows Fukushima to get eye wall of Typhoon Wipha — Weather Channel: Things may be getting worse at plant; Storm surge to combine with inland flooding at site (VIDEO) October 15, 2013
- CNN: 45 ft. waves off Japan coast from massive typhoon — Storm Chaser: “Biggest I’ve ever seen… absolutely overwhelming” — Official: “Rains on an unseen scale” — “High danger of landslides” — Record rainfall up to 16 inches already — Astronaut: “Neoguri has been literally cut in half… Unreal” (VIDEO) July 9, 2014
- Super typhoon on course for Japan — Winds up to 190 mph, could soon be Category 5 storm — “May follow Typhoon Wipha’s path” … “Developed in a similar area” (VIDEO) October 19, 2013
- TV: Powerful typhoon bearing down on Japan — Prolonged heavy rainfall for Fukushima, and “the tanks are full” — “Potentially devastating interaction” with Typhoon Lekima, now a Category 5 (VIDEO) October 23, 2013