Mainichi, Dec. 30, 2013: M5.4 quake jolts eastern Japan [...] An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.4 jolted eastern and northeastern Japan [...] The focus of the quake was about 10 kilometers underground in northern Ibaraki Prefecture. The quake measured lower 5 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 in Takahagi, Ibaraki Prefecture.
AFP, Dec. 30, 2013: 5.4-magnitude earthquake hits eastern Japan, rocks buildings in Tokyo [...] The quake hit at 10.03am in Ibaraki prefecture, 160 kilometres northeast of Tokyo, and some 80 kilometres southwest of the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant, [...] followed eight minutes later by a very shallow 3.6-magnitude quake in the same area. [...]
UPI: 5.1-magnitude quake rocks northeast Japan [...] 5.1-magnitude earthquake rocked northeastern Japan Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
Published: December 30th, 2013 at 11:39 pm ET
- Deep M5 quake jolts eastern Japan — RT: Highly dangerous fuel rod removal “will not permit even the slightest tremor” at Fukushima plant November 3, 2013
- M6.7 rocks Japan island — Followed by Intensity 4 quake in Fukushima April 21, 2013
- M5 jolts Fukushima — Day after powerful Intensity 6- quake hit Japan — No confirmed damage so far at nuclear plant April 14, 2013
- AFP: Strong quake rocks Eastern Japan, “biggest this year” — Fukushima Officials: Experts say Magnitude 8 quake “will occur” offshore; “Temporary seawall built as measure against the accompanying tsunami aftershock” (VIDEO) September 17, 2014
- Powerful quake rocks Japan, 6- out of 7 on intensity scale — Officials warn of strong aftershocks, around 50 so far — Helicopters find “more extensive damage than earlier thought” — Major roads collapsed, buildings flattened — Witnesses: “Strongest ever felt… Shaking was enormous” (VIDEOS) November 23, 2014