Title: Fukushima Shadow: Anti-atomic activists angry at nuclear revival plans
Date: Mar 11, 2013
At 2:15 in
Sean Thomas, Reporter: 80 kilometers from the actual reactor itself and 60 kilometers from the edge of that zone was Fukushima City, we found a spot there in our own personal reporting that was 1,000 times the acceptable limit, or a safe dosage if you will.
This was on a spot where kids walked to school, and here I am not in any particular safety gear, but I’m in an area that the government says it’s safe to be.
So certainly very eerie to be in a place that’s supposed to be safe, but obviously with our radiation detectors, a very dangerous place to be.
Published: March 12th, 2013 at 10:40 pm ET
- 60km from Fukushima Plant: Kids walk to school each day on road contaminated with radioactivity of 70,000 Bq/m2 (VIDEO) October 9, 2012
- Japan TV: Professor detects 104 microSv/h near where kids walk to school — “Absurd reality” where children are right next to high-level contamination (VIDEO) February 9, 2012
- Video: Kids walk in park 3 times more radioactive than ‘radiation control area’ — 100 kilometers from Fukushima Daiichi — “Must be closed immediately” June 4, 2013
- Jiji: School outside Fukushima reports sharp increase in headaches, stomachaches; Visits to nurse up big — Kids easily losing concentration and become irritable, says govt psychiatrist September 15, 2012
- Radiation fears growing as govt’ finds strangely deformed trees around Fukushima — Nearly 100% have ‘morphological defects’ — “Trees did not have a top bud, without which its growth cannot continue” — Effects worsening over time — Researchers prevented from doing studies… “so little data” (PHOTOS & VIDEO) August 31, 2015