Title: 1:50 p.m. Update
Source: Assumption Parish Police Jury
Date: July 20, 2013
John Boudreaux has reported another depth survey has been completed in the center of the sinkhole.
A video has been posted on YouTube showing that 750′ of cord was used and all 750′ went down to bottom.
This information has been sent to the Blue Ribbon Commission for there [sic] review.
Published: July 21st, 2013 at 6:13 pm ET
- Officials: Oil coming up at giant sinkhole — Bottom now so deep, unable to measure with current equipment — Depth of over 500 feet July 14, 2013
- Giant Louisiana sinkhole “now a 22.4-acre opening” — Combined sinkhole area is 49 acres June 24, 2013
- CBS News: Giant Louisiana sinkhole could continue to grow for years to come -Company Official (VIDEO) May 5, 2013
- Official films ‘burp event’ at giant Louisiana sinkhole — Intense bubbling across several large areas (VIDEO) August 9, 2013
- New official flyover shows intense oil sheen around giant Louisiana sinkhole (VIDEO) April 4, 2013