Kevin Kamps, Radioactive Waste Specialist at Beyond Nuclear, Mar. 18, 2014: [...] now the scientific models are showing the liquid plume in the ocean reaching the shores of North America [...] this is an unprecedented radioactive catastrophe for the world’s oceans. [...] contact every level of representative government that we have and if you live on the west coast, that would certainly include your local and state governments. But the federal government is supposed to be taking care of this matter on behalf of the American people [...] it calls for international involvement, and something to keep in mind is that these discharges did not end on March or April 2011, in fact the discharges to the ocean are a daily occurrence. We are talking 300.000 iters per day of radioactive ground water flowing into the ocean. So, this is an international catastrophe, the oceans do not belong to Japan of course, and so, yes, there should be the best minds and independent monitors sent to Fukushima to try to get the truth as to how bad this is, where [it's] going. [...] seafood contamination is a serious issue especially because of bio-concentration of radioactivity in the food chain and we sit at the top of food chain [...] testing of seafood is essential [...] that needs an urgent priority placed upon it at the federal level.
Fukushima Evacuee Gavin Allwright, Public Meeting at the UK’s House of Commons, Mar. 10, 2014 (at 8:15 in): There’s a real feeling now that Fukushima’s done. There was a very conscious decision to move airborne contamination to waterborne contamination — Pacific Ocean’s under incredible threat at the moment. Americans are now starting to reap that on their West Coast.
Published: March 23rd, 2014 at 10:25 pm ET
- TV: Unprecedented catastrophe underway at Fukushima… Radioactive material will keep coming across to North America for centuries — Gundersen: Melted nuclear fuel to bleed into ocean for decades, perhaps centuries… Entire Pacific is being contaminated (VIDEO) October 22, 2014
- Twice as much Fukushima radiation near California coast than originally reported; Highest levels found anywhere in Eastern Pacific — Scientist: Very little we can do… It’s unprecedented… God forbid anything else happens — Gundersen: Multiple plumes now along west coast… Will be coming “for century or more” (AUDIO) November 20, 2014
- Sickened animals “unlike anything doctors have ever seen” on West Coast — “They’re eating themselves from the inside” — Cancers… liver, pancreas, intestines shut down… infested with parasites and immune to antibiotics — Unprecedented catastrophe to cause loss of 200,000 sea lions (VIDEO) January 7, 2016
- US Gov’t Expert: Large marine animals likely sensed danger of Fukushima plume and fled, “Not going to wait until they start to die off” — Explains unprecedented concentrations of whales and other sea life clustering off West Coast? (VIDEO) March 2, 2014
- ABC in Fukushima: Radiation to be at U.S. coast early this year — Expert concerned about effects on food chain from unprecedented amount of migrating radioactivity — They tried to stop leaks, it’s just not working — Tepco: We don’t know what’s gone into ocean (VIDEO) January 10, 2014