Published: April 4th, 2013 at 9:18 am ET

Title: Confessions of men who have been exposed to radioactivity
Source: 148production
Date: April 4, 2013

I had lived in Hitachi City, Ibaraki Prefecture [85km south of Fukushima Daiichi] at the time of the accident. [...]

Source: 148production

After the explosion of the second time, strangeness happened to my body.

At the time I was attacked by diarrhea and vomiting and nosebleeds.

I was told friend, you’ve been exposed to radioactivity.

And I was measured on the radioactivity instrument on my body.

And then a high number of radiation dose was measured. [...]

Watch the interview here

Published: April 4th, 2013 at 9:18 am ET

26 comments to Video: Strangeness happened to me after Fukushima explosion — Radioactive man’s body still 300% over background levels

• jec jec

TAPWATER in Japan, .43 uSv in just plain tapwater!!! Watch the video. Scary. TAPWATER means everyone is getting contaminiated. Cesium 137 is at .35 as I understand from the video. Check it out. For the gentleman, his count with the device just against his skin, was .63 uSv! He is walking nuclear waste. How will he survive in the future? This stuff accumulates! PM1704 is the type of geiger counter.

• I know there must be a rake of links in all the forums, but what about creating a tab for the blog with a page of authoritative info on what beqs, sieverts etc mean at the different levels….

• We Not They Finally

He was 85 kilometers south of Fukushima at the time? That about 60 miles! And the evacuation zone was set at 12 kilometers, which is only about 8 miles. And even the soil tested in Tokyo by Arnie Gundersen, 250 kilometers away, he called the reading "nuclear waste." Millions upon millions of people in the cross-hairs.

• vital1 vital1

I was sent this resin encapsulated sample of black fungus like material. It has reportedly come from somewhere in the Minamisoma area Japan. A contact in Japan sent this sample to a friend. This is my test chart of it. For those of you who have not looked at a scintillator test chart like this before. The position of the peaks in a the chart indicate what isotopes are present.

This black fungus started growing on the concrete, and rock surfaces in Japan after the Fukushima Nuclear disaster. It appears to be bio-accumulating Cesium.

Scintillators are less sensitive as you go to higher energy keV. The Theremino MCA software allows you to increase the magnification of the higher energy peaks. The peaks in this Theremino MCA V4.5 software chart have been energy compensated, to bring out the smaller details at higher energies. This sample is very small, grams or less in weight.

A professional lab reported test results 117 Bg Cs-137 and 58 Bq Cs-134. I don't know the exact weight. The friend is trying to find out. This is a lot of Cesium in a small amount of living material. A comparison of the huge differences in radioactivity by weight, between Potassium K-40, and Cesium are in the chart screen shot.

There is no copyright placed on the chart screen shot, so you can copy it, and make use of it where ever you like.

• vital1 vital1

This black fungus material sample from Japan, contaminated with Cesium Cs-137 & Cs-134, is encapsulated in resin for safety reasons. So we don't know how much it weighs. We are trying to find out. It may not have been weighed when it was collected. Visually, looking at the encased sample, it would be a few grams if that.

Here is a pen tip placed next to the sample, to give you and idea how small the sample is. The black center is the sample. Also, the sample does not fill up the small sample container, that is in the center of the resin encasement. The sample container is only around two thirds full.

• lickerface lickerface

I'm an expert on weighing objects (sell scales, use different ones daily, some precise to .01g). Fungus in that form does not appear to hold too much water weight and would likely weigh less than a gram given the scale. If it jis thin and flakey type fungus, it may be under .25-.5g. Is it thick like a mushroom cap or more like lichen? I've only observed extremely thin fungi growing on concrete, and I would err on the very low side. My best guess is .3g.

• enoughalready45 enoughalready45

I just got back from having lunch with some new friends. They moved here from Arizona. The daughter who is eleven was saying to the Mom, "remember when I had all those nose bleeds last year". Yeah, the Mom said, they stopped since we moved here. (Chicago suburbs, 35 miles southwest of the city). I didn't say anything about fallout from Fukushima being a possible risk factor.

People have been and continue to be exposed to radiation from Fukushima and will not even know their symptoms could be related to it. What's next for this little girl hypothyroid, thyroid nodules, like my 18 yr. old niece just had biopsied? Our government is doing a great job…for the nuclear industry.

• lickerface lickerface

I have heard of nosebleeds being very common in Arizona because of dry climate, but ya never know if the real reason is nuke plants there. What a good cover-up if so…

• Sol Man

I wish everyone well in these difficult days. I do wonder if we will have to be buried in lead, and if cremation will have to be stopped. Does anybody from the industry have any directives to share?

• Just a reminder to other Japanese nationals suffering from "strangeness" that evacuation is still an option.

The following page lists homes wanted or being offered for Japanese evacuees:

• japan guinea pig

The worst is yet to come !!.

• If you just read the comments, take the 10 minutes to review this video. If you know Geigers, you know this guy is seriously contaminated.

A high external reading from skin, from an exposure a year ago, is a massive big thing.

• We Not They Finally

AND… it's also ONGOING exposure. And it's probably even harder to quantify the TOTAL amount, not just what he was exposed to then and how he measures now. Every minute of the day has become millions of more criminal acts in that country.