Title: Geneva Business Insider with David L. Smith (Interview 715)
Source: The Corbett Report (Independent news and information resource based in Japan)
Producer: James Corbett (Twitter)
Date: August 10, 2013
At 29:00 in
David L. Smith, Geneva Business Insider: The people of Japan are responsible for the poisoning of the food chain of the world. If they don’t stand up, who can stand up and do anything about it? It’s not them necessarily who’s going to be eating the fish. If you watch the currents going across the [Pacific Ocean], it may very well be people in Malibu [California] who are eating the fish that are completely radioactive.
James Corbett, Host of The Corbett Report and Japan resident: I agree. The buck has to stop somewhere, and it has to be done sooner than later. It’s already been happening for the past 2 1/2 years.
Published: August 11th, 2013 at 1:39 pm ET
- Translator Chokes Up: Japanese mother of 2 kids with thyroid cysts says “I couldn’t stop this, I couldn’t save my children this time… but I have to stand up and stop it” (AUDIO) November 26, 2012
- Japan Newspaper: “The seriousness of the current situation at Fukushima can’t be understated” — Report: Unmitigated radiation is pouring into Pacific Ocean — Video: They don’t know how to stop the radioactive leaks… we’ll never know how to stop this August 23, 2014
- Watch: Berkeley unanimously passes Fukushima resolution — Officials: “Very serious… I’m quite sobered by it”; “I’m glad we’re taking a stand”; State should get involved; Affects entire coast, we all need to get together and take action; “Work of activists… is paying off with public support” (VIDEO) December 19, 2013
- NHK: Fukushima responsible for “largest-ever” amount of radioactive pollution… “We did something terrible” — Scientist: Nuclear fuel “still melting down… there’s melting happening in the cores” (VIDEO) June 21, 2014
- ‘Pacific Wasteland’? Japan Gov’t Scientist: ‘Big problem’ for whole ocean if Fukushima’s water released with strontium-90 — TV: It may not get filtered out; “All bets are off” without way to plug plant leaks — NHK: All decontamination systems stop working, may not restart for “long time” (VIDEO) January 9, 2014