Strongest radioactive cloud covers Vietnam, VOV News, April 11, 2011:
A radioactive cloud from the quake-damaged Fukushima reactor explosions in Japan was said to have reached Vietnam in late April 9. …
Cs-134 was found in the pine needle samples (which are often used to indicate radioactive pollution in the atmosphere and vegetation) in addition to the isotopes Be-7, K -40, U-238, Th-232 and Cs-137 but the level of Cs-134 was very low and does not affect human health.
Read the report here.
Published: April 11th, 2011 at 10:11 am ET
- Uranium detected in Tokyo soil sample — “That needs more study” says nuclear expert (VIDEO) May 9, 2012
- Journal: Unprecedented phenomenon from using saltwater in Fukushima reactors — Forming new uranium compounds able to travel long distances… “like carbon buckyballs” January 27, 2012
- Uranium-234 detected in Hawaii, Southern California, and Seattle April 9, 2011
- June 30 meeting revealed depleted uranium storage facility burned after quake — Contained 1,800 lbs. of DU July 9, 2011
- New Study: Radioactive Thorium detected 100 km from Fukushima meltdowns — Daughter products of Uranium October 26, 2011