January 6, 2012 Tepco Press Conference:
Reporter: According to the reading of environmental radioactivity levels as of Jan. 4, 2012, the amounts of cesium-134 and cesium-137 have increased by nearly 10 times from Dec. 27, 2011 to January 2, 2012. I suppose that something went wrong and that led to this increase. What do you think caused this increase?
Tepco Spokesman Junichi Matsumoto: [...] No trouble has occurred during that period. So I suppose that the radioactive materials were blown up by something like wind and that led to that increase.
Published: January 10th, 2012 at 8:18 am ET
- Tepco admits “radiation levels in groundwater are soaring” at Fukushima — “Strontium readings spike 6,500-fold in one day” (VIDEO) October 18, 2013
- Tokyo Press Conference: Cancer is clearly increasing in Fukushima children, many experts starting to get concerned — Tepco has committed a crime; We’re going to the police tomorrow (VIDEO) December 17, 2013
- Tepco Press Conference: The situation at Fukushima is bleak — “This discharge is beyond our control” (VIDEO) August 6, 2013
- Tepco has emergency press conference about new highly radioactive leak at Fukushima Daiichi April 5, 2013
- Strange Japanese press conference calls for jailing of Tepco officials, guilty of criminal error — Says international media damaged ‘Japan Brand’ (1hr VIDEO) March 11, 2012