Ms. Kazuko Kawai, Founder of Voices for Lively Spring (a Japan-based human rights organization and a grass-root organization): Unfortunately, I have to say many people from even Tokyo have thyroid problems already developing.
It’s not a problem only in Fukushima, but all the people who met with this radioactive fallout are probably have some problem with the thyroid.
Published: November 26th, 2012 at 1:11 pm ET
- Nonprofit Group: “Every single person” we hosted from Japan has had health problems… Blood stains found in almost all of their beds — Japanese Mom: Most mothers I’ve met from Tokyo and Fukushima are suffering thyroid problems, eye problems, nose bleeds… It’s been very surprising (VIDEO) June 28, 2015
- 43% of kids have thyroid abnormalities in new Fukushima City test results (CHART) September 11, 2012
- People from Tokyo area report thyroid cysts and nodules — Japanese doctors laughing at patients (VIDEO) November 30, 2012
- Asahi: Now almost 100,000 Fukushima kids with thyroid problems, parents concerned — Whether that’s “alarmingly high” it’s difficult to say November 20, 2012
- US Gov’t: If exposed to radioactive fallout watch for unknown bruising, nosebleeds, nausea, sore throat, loss of hair, diarrhea — “Make the best of it… don’t be discouraged” (VIDEO) September 22, 2012