Watch: Fukushima beef being shipped to US restaurants (VIDEO)
Title: Fukushima exports 1st beef in 30 months
Source: NHK WORLD
Date: Oct. 14, 2012 – Updated 15:30 UTC (00:30 JST)
Cattle farmers in Fukushima Prefecture have resumed beef exports to the United States for the first time in 2 and a half years.
Farmers celebrated the shipment of 3 cattle with a ceremony on Sunday.
The 3 cattle will be processed in Japan and the meat will be sold to upscale restaurants in the United States.
- NHK: US halts shipments of Japanese beef due to concerns of radioactive contamination from Fukushima disaster (VIDEO) August 17, 2012
- Inside Evacuation Zone: Cattle sick, dying — “We call it Fukushima syndrome” — Severe diarrhea, skin problems, weakened immune systems October 8, 2012
- NYC Restaurants Using Radiation Detectors On Fish From Pacific -CBS (VIDEO) April 7, 2011
- Professor: Japan’s radioactive crops being shipped to cleaner areas and mixed into food supply? (VIDEO) December 18, 2012
- Watch: It’s official, people who stayed in Fukushima are guinea pigs (VIDEO) September 1, 2012