The Children of Fukushima: One Year Later
Uploaded by: marklieb
Uploaded May 17, 2012
Dr. Shintaro Kikuchi, Pediatrician in Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture
h/t Anonymous tip
At 2:35 in
Dr. Kikuchi: From this April, we work for children and their parents…
At first we worked for care of children’s minds.
We need help for all of children, for example physical body, care of body, care of mind or anything about children.
Children living in Fukushima, they couldn’t play outside, exposure of radiation.
They couldn’t run, they couldn’t jump… so I make a very wide indoor playground… about 100,000 people come in 3 months.
Naoko Endo: … All the people care about radiation all the time. They always worry about sand, especially outside. Because much radiation always leaking out.
Dr. Kikuchi: We need help from outside Japan because Japanese people don’t think the situation for children is getting worse and worse.
We are now in very bad condition. Especially for children.
So please give us help.
Published: May 19th, 2012 at 12:06 am ET
- Watch: Underwater footage released of BP disaster site in Gulf — 15 droplets per minute caused massive slick? (VIDEO) October 27, 2012
- Watch: Japan’s top nuclear official freezes when questioned publicly — Remains motionless for over a minute (VIDEO) March 25, 2012
- Watch: Officials call in Louisiana State Police to giant sinkhole — Company kept dangerous gas a secret for 24 hours — People smelled hydrogen sulfide at their homes thinking it was rotten eggs (VIDEO) November 22, 2012
- Watch: Kids run marathon on street with radioactivity of 134,000 Bq/m2 — “Children of Fukushima will be killed by the gov’t… Someone please help” (VIDEO) October 8, 2012
- Watch: 30-minute televised reactor roundtable — Host blasts financial, environmental aspects of nuclear power (VIDEO) June 18, 2012