Mitsuhei Murata, Former Japanese Ambassador to Switzerland: In the US there are 31 [sic] units the same type of that of Fukushima nuclear plant. So, if the accident be spread too far that really embarrasses the US. So that is why the crisis of Unit 4 has been toned down recently. The USA is actually the main reason.
Watch the video here
Published: October 7th, 2012 at 10:50 am ET
- Former Japanese Ambassador: No single weapon competes with potential damage from Fukushima Unit 4 — Nuclear reactors potential ‘super bombs’ (VIDEO) September 25, 2012
- Japan Diplomat: Ground underneath Fukushima Unit 4 is sinking — More than 30 inches in some areas — Now in danger of collapse (VIDEO) October 7, 2012
- Gundersen: Japan ambassador confirms Fukushima Unit 4 is sinking unevenly — Building “may begin to be tilting” (AUDIO) October 21, 2012
- WATCH: Japan lawmakers warned about Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 during testimony of former ambassador (VIDEOS) April 9, 2012
- Ambassador Murata makes public statement in English: Once a quake beyond magnitude 6 or 7 happens, then the world starts heading towards the ultimate catastrophe — Unit 4 a global security issue (VIDEO) May 24, 2012