Title: How to protect the right to health and life of citizens from radiological contamination? – Ms. Mari INOUE, Esq., Human Rights Now New York
Date: Nov 25, 2012
At 17:00 in
Ms. Mari INOUE, Esq., Human Rights Now New York: Recommendation by [the United Nation's investigator] Mr. Grover will not be published until next summer. So it’s a long process and both of those processes are legally non-binding.
So how are we going to protect the rights of people, especially the right to health and life of people in contaminated area, because they need immediate assistance. They need immediate attention from medical communities and civil societies, because what’s going on in Fukushima is ongoing crisis.
Published: November 27th, 2012 at 1:09 pm ET
- Head of Medical Clinic: Radiation already causing health problems around Tokyo — Highly contaminated areas have led to physiological damage (VIDEO) May 7, 2012
- Video: 10 million people in Japan have been abandoned in high radiation areas after Fukushima — Kanto Region extremely contaminated March 13, 2013
- Japanese Journalist: Workers “very worried” about deformed 400 ft. structure falling on Fukushima reactor buildings and causing another crisis — Immediate repairs needed yet “can’t do anything” due to extreme radiation levels — Staff told to “constantly watch it” — One of site’s most dangerous places June 3, 2014
- Gov’t: Radiation level 60 km from Fukushima plant is as high as the most contaminated areas in Chernobyl — “Fukushima far exceeded any crisis previously encountered” — “A risk of destruction of the society” — Expert: “It’s unprecedented in scale and duration” (VIDEOS) August 18, 2014
- Watch: It’s official, people who stayed in Fukushima are guinea pigs (VIDEO) September 1, 2012