Title: Issues of Radioactive Exposure are Considered Taboo on Japanese Media
Source: World Network for Saving Children from Radiation
Date Recorded: Dec. 20, 2012
Date Published: Feb. 13, 2013
At 2:30 in
Takashi Uesugi, Journalist: I can only write about the reality of nuclear power […] Anything implying the danger of radiation is not [accepted].
At 3:30 in
Kazuhiro Haraguchi, former Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications: It is still taboo to talk about radiation exposure […] In June 2011 […] we also demanded the government evacuate at least women and children. [...] I think it is the Japanese government [that made it a taboo to discuss radiation exposure].
Published: February 13th, 2013 at 12:39 pm ET
- German state-run TV: “Reports from Japanese journalists confirm what anti-nuclear activists fear: the situation in Fukushima is much worse than gov’t is letting on” April 18, 2012
- Japan Times: Sources reveal Fukushima radiation cover-up — ‘Massively high levels’ hidden since last July — Nuclear Official: “Something like this cannot happen” February 12, 2014
- WATCH: Commercial to air on CNN exposes cover-up and radiation leak at California nuke plant (VIDEO) April 4, 2012
- *Watch* Nursery school children on contaminated playground equipment: “The radiation is in the holes” — Some kids with no dosimeters, masks not covering noses (VIDEO) July 22, 2012
- Japanese NPO: “We need to start a rotating evacuation for children as soon as possible” — “Radiation just continues to accumulate” (VIDEO) October 1, 2012