Follow-up to: [intlink id="fukushima-woman-people-are-talking-about-nose-bleeds-and-coughing-that-wont-end-nurses-warn-patients-stay-quiet-dont-mention-radiation-to-doctor-video" type="post"]Fukushima Woman Warns of Cover-up — Nurses tell patients: Stay quiet, don’t mention radiation to doctor (VIDEO)[/intlink]
Ms. Kazuko Kawai, Founder of Voices for Lively Spring: Although thyroid disorders in Fukushima had been much reported by the media, we found that evacuees from the Tokyo area also complained about thyroid cysts and nodules.
Both doctors [who traveled to the area] are very angry about the Fukushima Prefecture government’s handling of Patients with thyroid disorder. That is, no secondary testing in two years. It is internationally agreed upon within the medical community to control such patients by repeated testing at least once in 6 months, and every two months in more serious cases.
Further more it is widely thought that thyroid cancer started surfacing in Chernobyl 4 years after the nuclear disaster and it is based on the data in Chernobyl. But according to Dr. [inaudible], Chernobyl did not used to have such precision devices for thyroid testing as we have in Japan right now. And the doctors in Chernobyl manually diagnosed thyroid cancer. Without out any precision exam devices. The ultrasound devices were introduced in big cities in Chernobyl about 4 years after the disaster […]
At health consultations on the tour, we kept hearing about Japanese doctors who laughed at patients or did not listen to patients at all.
Published: November 30th, 2012 at 11:22 am ET
- Just 0.8% of children in 2001 Japanese control group had thyroid cysts or nodules — 36% in Fukushima study July 15, 2012
- “Astonishing”: Thyroid abnormalities found in Fukushima kids declared ‘ok’ by gov’t — Officials ordered doctors to stop examining patients November 8, 2012
- Now 35.8% of Fukushima children have thyroid cysts or nodules — 13,646 do and 24,468 don’t July 15, 2012
- Feature documentary on Fukushima kids with newly discovered thyroid cysts and nodules January 27, 2013
- Part II: Fukushima girls have 3 times more thyroid NODULES over 10 millimeters than boys — Also 56% more medium-sized nodules than boys September 17, 2012