MC252 and surroundings, home to BP’s infamous well and the Macondo reservoir. We found what we were looking for, and much that we had hoped not to find.
What we did not expect was to see that kind of rainbow sheen and substantial amounts of fresh-looking oil around the Macondo reservoir. But find it we did.
The stuff within a few miles of MC252 looked like this [...]
Published: October 11th, 2012 at 8:27 pm ET
- Washington Post: Persistent rumors on ‘blogs’ that BP’s oil continues to spew into Gulf — FSU Expert: May be freshly released from Macondo reservoir October 12, 2012
- *Confirmed* Gov’t: Oil reported in Gulf matches BP’s Macondo Well October 11, 2012
- CBS: Oil may be seeping from Deepwater Horizon site — Coast Guard cancels interview — “My concern is that substantial amounts of oil could still be leaking” -Congressman (VIDEO) December 13, 2012
- Watch: Underwater footage released of BP disaster site in Gulf — 15 droplets per minute caused massive slick? (VIDEO) October 27, 2012
- Video: Huge slick at site of BP disaster in Gulf of Mexico — Visible rainbow sheen and weathered oil not seen for months January 28, 2013