Title: San Diego Union Members Attend San Onofre Hearing For Costco Gift Cards
Author: Amita Sharma
Date: Feb. 15, 2013
Dozens of union members showed up at this week’s public meeting supporting a plan to restart San Onofre nuclear plant . And they did it after receiving Costco gift cards in exchange. [...]
Tom Lemmon, the business manager of the trades council [...] said later this week that the union paid for the Costco gift cards for members who attended the public meeting at San Onofre. He declined to answer why they were given or what they were worth, saying he wanted to speak with lawyers first.
Lemmon did not return subsequent calls.
“At the end of the day, we’re going to be safe. The workers are going to be safe. If there’s a way to get the plant up and running, let’s do it expeditiously.” -Tom Lemmon, Business manager for the ‘San Diego Building and Construction Trades Council’
Video and commentary from jrae50021 who posted photographs from inside the meeting:
At 4:45 in
So here’s different angles, I sat all over the whole room.
At one point I went to the rest room […]
She leaned over to me and pretty much whispered, “There’s an awful lot of people here who are not in the union, but they’re here to support the union.”
At 7:30 in
They were all coaxed into clapping on command. It was totally a staged event. Which makes me really sad, because these people had no clue what they were doing.
At 9:00 in
He leaned over and said, “There are many people here who do not work for the union. There are many people here who were brought in to support the union.”
Published: February 18th, 2013 at 12:08 am ET
- Death Blow? “Complete rejection” of plan to restart ailing California nuclear reactor without public hearing — Plant corroding as it sits idle May 14, 2013
- Investment Banking Firm: Fears of significant delay in restart of San Onofre nuclear plant — Stock downgraded to ‘underperform’ February 14, 2013
- U.S. senator reveals “truly shocking” information about California nuclear plant — “Restart of San Onofre reactors is now off the table” May 28, 2013
- WATCH: Commercial to air on CNN exposes cover-up and radiation leak at California nuke plant (VIDEO) April 4, 2012
- Fairewinds Special Edition: They covered up the truth at San Onofre nuke plant — Knowingly put public safety in Southern California at risk (AUDIO) February 8, 2013