Watch: Tepco using “promotional balloon” to inspect Fukushima reactor building? Shaped like lightbulb with brass screw-in base — “Creative use of an advertising tool” finds high radiation levels (VIDEO)
Excerpt from a October 24, 2012 report by the SimplyInfo research team:
TEPCO did another inspection of unit 1 [... the] balloon appears to be a promotional balloon shaped like a lightbulb complete with brass screw in base. Besides the creative use of an advertising tool, the effort did manage to inspect all floors. The radiation readings were in the 20-150 mSv/h range.
- Tepco planning to float balloon inside Reactor 1 in early August — Inspecting top floor with spent fuel pool August 1, 2012
- “Nuclear fuel has melted through base of Fukushima plant” -Telegraph June 8, 2011
- Caldicott: I think some of the Fukushima plant workers exposed to very high levels of radiation have died — There’s a coverup by Tepco and gov’t, so we don’t know what’s really going on (VIDEO) July 10, 2012
- Tepco: Ultra-high radiation levels may be from melted fuel that leaked out of containment vessel (PHOTO) August 2, 2011
- TEPCO admits it may need to change plans and ‘slow down’ repairs because of extremely high radiation in Reactor No. 1 (VIDEO) May 10, 2011