Title: Aerial photos of Fukushima nuke plant an eerie sight
Date: February 27, 2012
A cold eerie quietness envelops the stricken Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant. There is no activity among the snow-dusted buildings, and reminders of the devastation caused by last year’s Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami are everywhere.
That was the scene that greeted an Asahi Shimbun team that flew to the site on a company helicopter on Feb. 25 [...]
Because it was the weekend, there was no activity. Not one plant worker could be seen and operational equipment lay idle. [...]
It was an eerie sight, made bleaker by the undisturbed thin carpet of snow covering the ground.
Read the report here
Published: February 27th, 2012 at 12:14 pm ET
- Worker confirms Tepco taking weekends off at Fukushima Daiichi August 2, 2012
- Asahi: White blood cell count spikes in Fukushima worker — 3,000+ may not have used dosimeters at plant just after 3/11 September 4, 2012
- Fukushima worker concerned about ground settlement at plant — What will happen when Tepco starts pumping up 100s of tons of groundwater? May 22, 2012
- Fukushima Daiichi worker thinks ground at plant causing construction delays and Tepco giving false explanations June 16, 2012
- “Too Absurd”: Fukushima Nuclear Worker Filmed at Plant for Two Months over Summer (VIDEO) September 19, 2012