Particles: Nuclear Power After Fukushima
March 9, 2012
Alex speaks with Carl Pillitteri, an American nuclear technician who was working inside Fukushima Daiichi when the earthquake and tsunami hit. A Burn exclusive interview.
‘Burn Radio’ brought to you by the National Science Foundation, a US government agency. Try and listen to the entire program.
At 5:30 in
Published: March 11th, 2012 at 2:36 pm ET
- American Worker on PBS: “Demonic” sounds came from Fukushima plant — I don’t know if it was the earth or building moving (VIDEO) March 11, 2012
- Fukushima Daiichi Worker: I saw black smoke that came from Common Spent Fuel Pool’s chimney — I wonder if it was the smoke of boiler… it’s not fire (VIDEOS) January 7, 2013
- Fukushima Worker: Some people not being given food, have no place to go — “We can work only momentarily… It can’t progress… we always need new workers” (AUDIO) October 10, 2012
- Fukushima Worker: Tepco has another camera filming right now near Reactor No. 4 — We’ve been watching it June 13, 2012
- Scientist: Leading edge of Fukushima plume is now showing up on West Coast — Fish Market Owner: My customers have a lot of concerns about the nuclear contamination, they’re very smart and educated… I didn’t expect this much concern (AUDIO) November 29, 2013