Published: October 27th, 2011 at 4:11 pm ET

Kashiwa govt wants help with hotspot, Daily Yomiuri, October 28, 2011:

“A radiation hotspot in Kashiwa has still not been decontaminated a week after radiation of 57.5 microsieverts per hour was recorded,” reports The Daily Yomiuri.

The city says it cannot handle such a high level of radiation on its own.

“After the outbreak of the nuclear crisis, clouds containing cesium spread over a widespread area, causing relatively high levels of radiation at many locations in the Tokyo metropolitan area,” explained Yomiuri.

Published: October 27th, 2011 at 4:11 pm ET

1. Yomiuri discusses “yellowish residue” found in Tokyo area: Radioactive Pollen? “Highly likely” Fukushima pollen will reach capital October 24, 2011
  2. Xinhua: Radiation in areas of Tokyo far exceeded levels in Fukushima on Thursday– Almost 6 µSv/hr at amusement park near capital October 13, 2011
  3. Japan Resident on Tokyo-area Sample: Cesium’s gamma signal so strong, unable to identify other isotopes (VIDEO) May 16, 2012
  4. Australia: Fear that Fukushima fallout has affected greater Tokyo area — Has radiation spread further than Japan gov’t has acknowledged? October 12, 2011
  5. Local Gov’t: 276,000 Bq/kg of radioactive cesium from soil sample near Tokyo, in Kashiwa — Almost 18 Million Bq/m² October 22, 2011

26 comments to Yomiuri: Local gov’t near Tokyo unable to handle “such a high level of radiation” — Cesium clouds spread over many areas of capital — 57 µSv/hr area yet to be decontaminated

• Kashiwa is a regional commercial center and a bedroom community for nearby Chiba and Tokyo. The city has a mixed industrial base, with food processing industries forming an important portion of the economy. Nikka Whisky Distilling, Asahi Soft Drinks, and Ito Ham all have production facilities in Kashiwa. There is some residual agriculture of turnips, onions and spinach.

Every day news gets worse.

• arclight arclight

sounds like tepco cant afford to do the clean up….sounds like the government doesnt want to pay for the cleanup…sounds like the IAEA doesnt want to pay for the cleanup….probaly best to hire some lawyers and a good PR company and bullshit till the radioactive cows come home… its cheaper and it worked for big oil in the gulf and valdez etc..oh and party like its 1999!!

• arclight arclight

did red red wine get harranged by the female population of enenews ? :) the very same poulation that posted with great “enthusiasm” on the sulphur in the testicles thread…i would post a link but am still trying to forget that bit….dont like plutonium either :(

• “sounds like tepco cant afford to do the clean up”. Of course not. Japan’s experience proves nuclear power is not cheap. How can you continually powerwash buildings and remove radio active dirt when the next rain or wind brings more contamination? Whats the point when the Tepco mess is still spewing forth contamination? Simple PR exercise. Trying to bring back the illusion of normalcy. Sorry Red Red, I want a clear head to figure out what to do. The real news is being filtered by Bull$hit artists. No wine for me. Might stock up on whiskey for future trading…..

• Hot Tuna Hot Tuna

I tthink he’s been consigned to the ‘hanging by the testicles until at least March 2014′ thread.

red red wine

• Bleifrei Bleifrei

radiation
    property
    it radiates
    result
    irradiated
    contaminated
    radiates
    the box of pandora
    the spiral of death

• kintaman kintaman

So am I crazy for telling my Japanese employers that I do not want to go back to Tokyo? Some of my coworkers and even friends are telling me that life is ‘normal’ in Tokyo and that I am overly sensitive. I get the feeling from some that they think I am either crazy or a coward.

On the flip side I do have relatives and friends (and two managers at work) who agree with my choice and think I would be crazy to come back to Tokyo given the situation.

My heart is torn as a big part of me wants to go back to my home in Tokyo but the better part of me knows it would be a health risk I am not willing to take. I do not want to partake in their science experiment.

• kintaman,
      Can you get to a southern part of Japan, or better yet out of the country ?
      Only you can make the choice, do not be guided by them in denial of what is happening.
      There are many of us here that can give you a place to stay in the U S if you can leave, We are so sorry about your homeland being destroyed and your beautiful people !

• ENENEWS Staff

Kintaman appears to have accidentally clicked ‘Report Comment’ instead of reply. Here is the reply:

“Thank you for your kind offer xdrfox. I am actually already in North America. I left, taking my family, back in March as I feared that this would escalate beyond anything acceptable if one wanted to live a full and healthy life.

I am fortunate, for the time being, to be continuing work with my company while abroad but they are pressuring me to come back. I do not want to lose my job as I have worked very hard at it but I do not want to become sick for it.

Thank you again for your kind words. This is unprecedented in our history and it is beyond my understanding and ability to accept really. It is all too much.”

• Kintaman,
          We are comforted in knowing you and you loved ones are here and well, stay that way, Many have been through very hard things in life and loses, but this is bigger then any scale in modern time, Please take what you have and enjoy each day with the spirited ones at your side, you are their light in the world too ! Remember that as we step into each new day, Look into each face you love and tell them and then go about the business of the day to come home and see their faces again !
          You are a lucky man, Yes !
          You and your family are quite welcome, if you have close ones there coming, call on us if/when needed we will leave the light on for them as well !

• kintaman kintaman

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I feel I am very lucky at this time but it is very mentally challenging as I know from a scientific point of view that there are too many unknown variables regarding the dispersal of the many types of radioactive materials from Fukushima Daiichi. Also, the danger with the spread of contamination in the food supply makes it almost a no-brainer that one should not be in Japan.

Yes despite all this I feel drawn as though I must go back to there as my heart is pulling me there. I don’t know, I think I am still in shock since having left. It is hard also when members of my family are not supportive of my action and think it is simply over reacting and craziness despite my explanations from a scientific point of view.

Anyway, I should not complain as many Japanese were killed by the tsunami and many are homeless now and living in highly radioactive areas.

I think what makes it hardest to deal with is the government’s, and thus media outlets, denial of the seriousness of this all. I almost drives one to the point of insanity.

I want there to be serious retribution for all responsible for this nuclear accident (it cannot be blamed solely on the tsunami and it not being predictable, that is bs) and also all those who have downplayed the seriousness of it:

- TEPCO top management and especially the coward CEO.
            - Japanese government including Kan and especially liar Edano.
            - News media (including execs, journalists, reporters and the TV anchors who all lied)
            - The many “experts” who have outright lied to people.

• kintaman,
            I have been on these pages from the beginning, and sounded the alarms of the situation in the first days, and some responses were unfavorable, but science too and the multi problems of the “plant’s” growing up in a time and understanding mans mass weapon even used under peace for fuel !
            I can empathize with you feelings, homeland, your people they are feelings and not a mindset to follow in such a time.
            I feel as many do here for the loss you are feeling, be strong and survive, you have a duty to others, we understand the frustration and the Lie’s we all face here with the news/no news/Lie’s and decide, it is truly awful, we have experienced it in many ways and wars, with un-needed deaths and families loss’s !
            We are victors to survive whatever they do and we stand afterwords !
            We stands for the ones that fell to make right the wrongs in ways we can not often see in the fog of conflict !
            You were given a gift to see what millions could not !
            You took that gift and fled the emanate danger !
            Help the others as you can that still are there from where you are, Not be pressured of your job and money, you have found a safer resting place and you and family are one !
            A shared bowl of rice with your family is better then them eating without you alone !
            Change of job may bring in less of many things, but what is most important to you, the gift’s that can not be bought !
            Stay with us here and help whom you can still there, you are in a position of favor !
            Advise others on many things and Help bring others to safer lands if you can !
            I will sacrifice what I need to to do the same !
            Are we on the same page here kintaman ?

• And Thank you ENENEWS Staff.

• arclight arclight

god bless you and yours kintaman..!!

• kintaman kintaman

Thank you Enews staff for fixing my error. Much appreciated.

• Misitu

Kintaman, saludos

As a late commenter to your decision making, this is what I feel. I offer it with the most sincere motives.

Firstly, you have made your decision. You have taken your family to safety. To take them back would achieve what? An admission that you had temporarily taken leave of your senses?

At a time when you say goodbye to your own land it is normal to experience waves of alternate feelings of hope and regret, and also from time to time you may feel more negative about the decision to leave. Having a blank in front of you is bad too, facing the unknown in contrast to the familiarity of your own land. Facing the unknown and having responsibility for the family’s welfare is another aspect opposing the new start.

[I am soon to leave my homeland but with no negatives such as are facing you, and I still experience many moments of doubt. The reason I say this is that maybe what I say here might help you analyse better some of the confusions that will be clouding your outlook at this very extreme moment].

Secondly, you have the opportunity to reinforce the stay at homers, the stop worriers, the happy radiators, those who deep inside know there is something dreadful facing them in the near future but cannot cope with their worst imaginings, taking refuge instead in denial. You also have the opportunity not to reinforce that denial. To return would be a great gift to them, the prodigal returned, the world once again put right.

Just one leaving the flock makes the others (briefly) stop and think. Maybe no good, or maybe one or two will also begin to make the connection.

I trust that this might be accepted in the spirit in which it is offered.

Un abrazo
            M

• Whoopie Whoopie

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRA­TION TO:
    Provide dollar for dollar investment into Green Energy R&D just like we spend on Nuclear Energy! Solar’s time is NOW!
    Investing in Clean Green Energy (of all flavors) will help America become energy independen­t and also provide huge numbers of jobs here in America NOW!
    America cannot afford a Trillion Dollar Eco-Disast­er like the one Japan is now dealing with!
    Lets race Germany toward a safe and clean future!

• Whoopie Whoopie

ME TOO!! Now to get thousands to sign it!!
        Has enenews been especially QUIET these days or is it just me? I’ve been watching the comments but I’M even without words these days. We need some NEW ENERGY soon. I hope everyone gets back on board and starts PRESSING THINGS TO THE METAL! It’s rough with all the bad news everyday. Hugs bmurr!

• The really sad thing is that all of these nuclear accidents are messages… to get off of this form of energy. But because the industry is doing such an AWESOME job of covering up with is really happening and denying that ANYONE is dying or suffering due to all of these accidents (only 45 died at Chernobyl), most people still LOVE nuclear power.

Wait until the sun sends out one of those super powerful solar storms, like the one that hit Earth in the late 1800′s. It sent huge sparks shooting out of the telegraph lines.. This repeats every couple of hundred years, so we are due for another one.

What happens when a HUGE solar storm knocks out the whole electrical grid and burns out all backup systems and circuit controller boards in nuke plants, power plants, etc? No backup, no power back on for days, weeks, possibly months.

Meanwhile over 400 Nuke plants melt down all over the planet, because the solar storm fried all electronics, overloaded and burned out lines, etc.. I bet the industry will try to spin this into happy news, like Ann Coultier did recently after Fukushima.

We are supposed to LEARN something from these nuclear ‘accidents’. Instead, we go deeper and deeper into denial, spin, coverups and lies. Sad to say, but these sociopaths care nothing about their own children, as they too will die a horrible death, just like everyone else on the planet.

• americancommntr

This eventuality could very well be the Wormwood event of Revelation. Literally, it could be precipitated by a large meteor or comet. The alternative theory of the cause of the 1871 Chicago Great Fire, and large fires also in the northern US, is that a meteor shower or comet hit the area, inducing current. Figuratively/symbolically, it could be just what you say, a major solar flare. The fallout of all the world’s melted down reactors, not to mention spent fuel pools, actually probably would kill a third of the people on the planet and contaminate a third of the waters to unusability.

• I have a friend that gave second hand inf. on this
      “Watch The Sun” …
      put it together after a few weeks, “solar storms” !

One blew off the back of the sun a few weeks back, had it been on this side, we’d be toast now !

Giant explosive CME unleashed on farside of the Sun

Posted on October 5, 2011 by The Extinction Protocol

October 5, 2011 – FARSIDE CME: Yesterday, October 4th, something exploded on the far side of the sun and propelled a spectacular CME into space. The Solar and Heliospheric Observatory recorded the cloud as it emerged from behind the sun’s …

• Net

xdrfox, wow …it is just a matter or time before one of those flares has a direct hit to earth. :( nice link

• beamofthewave

I disagree, I believe the sun is not going to be our undoing. I think we are doing that just fine. Honestly I believe the sun is alive and knows we as humans exist and wants us to exist, also wants earth to live. I have been paying attention to Nasa sites and the sun sings, not at a pitch we can hear and earth sings too. Pretty awesome stuff. I was watching the discovery channel and it showed the sun and what I saw was marvelous. The sun looked alive and aware and also having ecstasy after ecstasy as explosions happened across her face. Really beautiful and also imo pretty tiring. I feel in my bones we are loved by earth and sun.